There is no need to give an introduction to Alexa. We all are acquainted with Alexa. Alexa will perform your duties by listening to all the commands. All you need to do is to give her commands. Have you ever wondered that you can use Alexa as an intercom? So that you can get an idea of what is going on in your other parts of the house. Here, we are going to share some tips to use Alexa as an intercom. Let us check out the whole procedure.
How can you use Alexa as an Intercom?
- First, you need to open the Alexa app on your Smartphone or tablet. Press devices in the corner of the left. If you do not possess Alexa, then you can install it from the play store.
- The device screen gives you a choice to glimpse Amazon devices on your network.
- After that, you need to dab the option, Echo and Alexa and you will get to see all the list of Amazon devices. You can give the command because each device has its own assigned name.
- If you like, you can change the assigned names on the devices. Tap on the name of the device, you will get an option of device settings, you can edit and give the name whatever you like.
- After knowing the name of the device which you want to call, you have to use the command, drop-in. If you want to talk to another room, which has an Echo dot named as Master Bedroom. For instance, you can say, “Alexa, please drop in on Master Bedroom”. All the devices which are present in that room will lit up.
- Your device has connected with Alexa and you can hear all the voices in another room with your device.
- If you want to stop, you have to say, ” Alexa, stop the intercom”.
This is one of the ways by which you can use Alexa as an intercom. You can use any time of the day and also stop it if you do not like.