Microsoft has added Skype Calling Feature to Amazon Echo devices. Now, you can use Skype Calls on audio and video enables Amazon Echo devices like Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Plus, Echo Shot and Echo Spot. Microsoft has offered 100 free minutes for next two months for every user when connecting Skype with Alexa App. Skype Call on Echo is rolling out over 150 countries for every echo users.
How to Setup Skype on Amazon Echo
To use Skype on Echo you just need to follow these following steps:
- Open Amazon Alexa App on Android or iOS Smartphone.
- Tap the hamburger on the top left and select “Setting”.
- Under “Alexa Preferences” select “Communication”.
- You will see the new Skype option, just press on plus sign.
- New Window will open, then login to your Microsoft Account.
Congrats! Your Skype Account has been successfully connected with Amazon Echo Devices.
Alexa Commands to make skype calls
- Now Try Skype Calling on Your Echo with these Alexa Skype Commands.
- Want to call Mom, just say “Alexa, Call Mom on Skype”
- Or want to call Dad, say “Alexa, Call Dad on Skype”
- You can also dial a Skype number, Say “Alexa, Call 111-908-2222 on Skype”
- For the incoming call, Say “Alexa, pick up”.