Are you getting a message “Amazon Echo Registration Failure” while registering your echo device? Or an error is showing like “Alexa Error 10:2:12:3:1”? If your answer is yes then, don’t worry this error will get fixed with this simple troubleshooting guide.
Explore this “Echo Registration Failure Error” Troubleshooting Guide and How to fix Alexa Error 10:2:12:3:1.
When does the Echo registration failure error occur:
- While registering Echo Devices, it can be any Echo Device.
- While running and executing the process of Alexa App Setup.
When you get Alexa Echo Error 10:2:12:3:1?
- While Setting up and registering the Echo Device.
- When Amazon Echo Devices get refurbished, this can show “Alexa Echo Error 10:2:12:3:1”
- While resetting Echo, you may get Error 10:2:12:3:1 in your Alexa App.
- When Echo device gets disconnected from Wi-Fi then Echo shows Registration Failure Error.
Now, get ready to fix Alexa Echo Registration Failure/Alexa Error 10:2:12:3:1
Steps before you begin Echo Troubleshooting
- Make sure your Amazon Echo Device is running on the latest App (It should be updated one).
- Cross-check that login information is correct which you are entering in Echo Device.
- Place your device at a distance of eight inches from any wall or windows.
- Make sure your device should be away from any electronics gadgets.
- Check that your device with Alexa App is not connected to any wired network.
- Disable firewall, VPN or any proxy setting running on your system.
How to Fix Echo Dot Registration Failure Error
First, complete the full registration process of Echo Devices
- Select “Register your Device” option
- Fill up your Email-ID or Phone Number into your Amazon Account.
- Select any one of the option either email or text will be sent accordingly.
- See of the One-time password sent to you either on email or mobile number which you opt-in previous step.
- Congrats! Your device is successfully registered.
While registering Echo using the above steps and you get Registration Failure Error 10:2:12:3:1. Then, follow these steps to troubleshoot the Amazon Echo Registration Failure Error.
- Restart your Amazon Echo Device
- Press & Hold Reset Button just for 5 seconds with a paper clip.
- Wait till the light get turned off and then turn blue again.
- After that, your device’s light ring turns orange. This means that your Echo Devices is in setup mode.
- Now, Open your Alexa app and try to register your Alexa Echo Device again.
- Next is to turn off your Modem and after 30 seconds restart it.
- Please do the same with your router.
- Now, remove the power adapter for 3 seconds from your Alexa Echo Device and again plug it back.
How to Fix Alexa Error 10:2:12:3:1 occurs when I reset my Echo Device?
When you get Alexa Error 10:2:12:3:1 after resetting or de-registered Echo Device from Alexa App then just follows these steps:
- Make sure you have entered the same email id and password which you have used while setup Echo devices for the first time.
- Enable Guest Network if you see that in your wifi setting. Use that connect to register Alexa device.
- Make sure you are IP address should be static.
- Please check if there is any Firmware updates is available for Alexa Device, Kindly download and install it.
- To check any Firmware update, go to Alexa App -> Setting-> Help and Feedback-> Choose your Echo Device-> now scroll down -> Click on “Upgrade Firmware” Button.
As you follow these steps you will surely resolve Amazon Echo Registration Failure/ Alexa Error 10:2:12:3:1.